Kol Hadassa is a girls’ high-school in Israel that provides English speaking students with the opportunities and tools to succeed in their studies; gain life skills; make life-long friends and be inspired in their Judaism.
The philosophy of the school is encapsulated in our name, Kol Hadassa. We are inspired by the idea in Megillat Esther, that Esther had a private or hidden name, Hadassa. Just as Esther had a hidden name that represented her true self, we believe that everyone has a hidden voice inside of them that is representative of her true self. The hope of Kol Hadassa is to strengthen this inner voice so that our students have the confidence to be themselves, now and in the future.
What makes Kol Hadassa unique?
- We believe that despite learning differences or any other challenges, each girl should feel excited and positive about coming to school each day.
- We see each student as an individual, with the potential to succeed in all areas of her life.
- Students are provided with opportunities for growth and we challenge them without overwhelming them.
- We teach the Bagrut curriculum in English, in small and supportive classes.
- We provide opportunities for students to study for their GEDs, Psychometrics/SATs and college level courses.
- Kol Hadassa focuses on three areas of education: Jewish Studies, Secular Studies and PDHPE (Personal Development, Health and Physical Education). These three educational components are addressed with creativity and zeal through individual study, small groups and one on one tutoring.
- We aim to graduate our students with a deeper and more meaningful understanding of themselves, of Torah, of their Jewish Identity and of the world.